iSCSI Protocol Parameter Optimization for Mobile Appliance Remote Storage System at Smart Home Environment Approach
In Mobile appliance, users have a limited amount of storage availability to them due to their limited size and weight. To relieve problem we developed iSCSI remote storage system, which is an excellent solution for smart home automation too. User can store or access their valuable data to the home server from anywhere, anytime and also get facility to use mass storage space. The iSCSI protocol has emerged as a transport for carrying SCSI block-level access protocol over the ubiquitous TCP protocol. It enables a client’s block-level access to the data on remote storage over an existing IP infrastructure. However, the performance of the iSCSI based remote storage system for mobile appli-ances were sharply dropped in wireless networks; especially when we adapt default parameters value suggested in standard for our remote storage system in wireless networks. This paper focuses our experiments, which are performed to investigate the best performance values of iSCSI parameters for iSCSI-based remote storage system, are taken out in CDMA networks in order to realize the access to a remote storage system anytime and anywhere. And after the experiment, we suggest the optimal value of parameters. The experiment results from several test cases show us the best values are not the default values specified in the iSCSI standard.
KeywordsMobile SCSI SAN CDMA.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Allayear, S.M., Park, S.S.: iSCSI Multi-Connection and Error Recovery Method for Remote Storage System in Mobile Appliance. In: Sichman, J.S., Antunes, L. (eds.) MABS 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3891, pp. 641–650. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Kim, D., Ok, M., Park, M.-s.: An Intermediate ”Target for Quick-Relay of Remote Storage to Mobile Devices”. In: Gervasi, O., et al. (eds.) ICCSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3481, Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Park, S., Moon, B.-S., Park, M.-S.: Design, Implement and Performance Analysis of the Remote Storage System in Mobile Environment. In: Proc. ICITA (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Ok, M., Kim, D., Park, M.-s.: UbiqStor: A Remote Storage Service for Mobile Devices. In: Liew, K.-M., et al. (eds.) PDCAT 2004. LNCS, vol. 3320, Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Satran, J., et al.: Internet small computer systems interface (iSCSI). Technical Report RFC3720, Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) (April 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Meth, K.Z., Satran, J.: Design of the iSCSI Protocol. In: IEEE/NASA MSST 2003, April 2003, IEEE, Los Alamitos (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.SAM-3: Information Technology - SCSI Architecture Model 3. Working Draft, T10 Project 1561-D, Revision 7, 9 (May 2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Jacobson, V.: Congestion avoidance and control. In: SIGCOMM 88 (August 1988)Google Scholar