Spiral Teaching of Programming to 10–11 Year-Old Pupils After Passed First Training (Based on the Language C++)
The article presents a unique approach of teaching programming to 10 – 11 year old pupils. Based on the idea that teaching pupils of writing algorithms must start right after teaching the first elements of the programming language and develop with time, one and the same problem is considered many times but each time with adding of new knowledge. According to the described methodology a textbook is issued on the basis of which an experimental four-year training of pupils is organized. This article gives the curriculum of the second year of training based on the approach described.
Keywordseducation informatics didactics
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.National web portal for competitions in informatics, http://infoman.musala.com/
- 2.Yovtcheva, B., Ivanova, I.: First steps in C/C++. KLMN Sofia (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Yovcheva, B.: Spiral teaching programming to 10 – 11 year old pupils (based on the language C++). Mathematics and mathematical education, Sofia (2007)Google Scholar
- 4.Yovcheva, B., Mollov, A.: The idea for realization of spiral approach in the early training programming – V Balkan congress, June 22-24, Stara Zagora, The Education, The Balkans, Europe (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.Web site of International Olympiad of Informatics, http://olympiads.win.tue.nl/ioi/
- 6.Mollov, A., Yovtcheva, B.: Main problems connected with developing programming program of studies for 10 – 11 year old children (based on the C++ language), collection. In: Covering and value of teaching. Reports from the third autumn scientific conference of the faculty of preschool and primary school education – University of Sofia, Veda Slovena –GZ Sofia (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Private School of Mathematics and Informatics A&B in Shumen, http://ab-bg.com