Underwater Passive Location Technology Using Dummy Time-Reversal Mirror
Time reversal (TR) refocuses the incident acoustic field back to the origin of a probe signal regardless of the complexity of the medium. However, the operation of a TR requires a cooperative probe source. This is impossible in passive work mode. In this paper, a dummy time-reversal mirror (DTRM) method is discussed to introduce the concept of time-reversal into underwater passive location. Several ocean acoustics experiments demonstrating the implementation of DTRM have been conducted. The proposed method is useful while at long source-receive ranges, or while object is moving.
KeywordsDummy Time-reversal mirror Passive location adaptive refouse
- 1.Fink, M., Prada, C., Wu, F., Cassereau, D.: Self focusing in homogeneous media with ‘time reversal’ acoustic mirror. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Ultrasonic Symposium 1989, Montreal, PQ, Canada, pp. 681–686 (1989)Google Scholar
- 8.Hui, J., Sheng, X.: Underwater Acoustic Channel, 2nd edn. Defense Industry Press, Beijing (2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Fan, M.: A Study on Simulation & Application of Underwater Sound Channel. A Dissertation for the Degree of D.Eng, Harbin Engineering University (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Brekhovskikh, L.M.: Fundamentals of Ocean Acoustics. Science Press, Beijing (1983)Google Scholar
- 11.Wang, D., Shang, E.: Underwater Acoustics. Science Press, Beijing (1981)Google Scholar