Persian Writer Identification Using Extended Gabor Filter
Writer identification using handwritten documents is an interesting field in image processing and machine vision. Many researchers have presented methods to do this, but most of these methods are based on English language. In this paper we have presented a method to identify writer of Persian (Farsi) handwritten documents. The proposed method is based on new filter which we called it extended Gabor filter. This method has no constraint on input data and the experimental results showed that the proposed method worked well.
Keywordswriter identification Gabor filter writer verification handwritten analysis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Soleymani Baghshah, M., Bagheri Shouraki, S., Kasaei, S.: A Novel Fuzzy Classifier Using Fuzzy LVQ to Recognize Online Persian Handwriting. In: 2nd IEEE conference on Information and communication Technology(ICTTA) (2006)Google Scholar
- 2.Shahabi, F., Rahmati, M.: Comparison of Gabor-Based Features for Writer Identification of Farsi/Arabic Handwriting. In: Tenth International workshop on Frontiers in Handwritten Recognition, La Baule, France (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Shiv Naga Prasad, V., Domke, J.: Gabor Filter Visualization,Technical Report, University of Maryland (2005) Google Scholar
- 4.Cha, S.-H., Tappert, C.C.: Automatic Detection of Handwriting Forgery. In: Eighth International workshop on Frontiers in Handwritten Recognition (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Schomaker, M.B.L.: Analysis of texture and connected-component contours for the automatic identification of writers. In: 16th Belgium-Netherland conference on Artificial Intelligence (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Schomaker, L.: Advances in Writer identification and verification. In: 9th International conference on Document analysis and Recognition (ICDAR) (2007) Google Scholar
- 7.Zhu, Y., Tan, T., Wang, Y.: Biometric Personal Identification Based on Handwriting. In: 15th international conference on Pattern Recognition (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Schlapbach, A., Bunke, H.: Writer Identification Using an HMM-Based Handwriting Recognition System: To Normalize the Input or Not? In: 12th Conf. of the Int. Graphonomics Society, Salerno, Italy, June 26–29, 2005, pp. 138–142 (2005)Google Scholar
- 9.Said, H.E.S., Peake1, G.S., Tan, T.N., Baker, K.D.: Writer Identification from Non-uniformly Skewed Handwriting Images. In: Proc. of the 9th British Machine Vision Conference (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.van der Maaten Eric Postma, L.: Improving Automatic Writer Identification. In: 17th Belgium-Netherland conference on Artificial Intelligence (2005) Google Scholar