The Inverse Problem of Evolving Networks — with Application to Social Nets
Many complex systems can be modeled by graphs . The vertices of the graph represent objects of the system, and the edges of the graph the relationships between these objects. These relationships may be structural or functional, according to the modeler’s needs [1, 29, 7].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Béla Bollobás, Modern graph theory, Springer (2004).Google Scholar
- Gábor Csárdi, Dynamics of citation networks, in: Proceedings of the Conference on Artificial Neural Networks (2006).Google Scholar
- Gábor Csárdi, Modeling complex systems by evolving networks, PhD thesis, Eötvös Loránd University, 2007.Google Scholar
- Gábor Csárdi and Tamás Nepusz, The igraph software package for complex network research, InterJournal, Complex Systems: 1695 (2006).Google Scholar
- S. N. D orogovtsev, J. F. F. Mendes and A. N. Samukhin, Growing network with heritable connectivity of nodes, cond-mat/0011077, 2000.Google Scholar
- Bronwyn H. Hall, Adam B. Jaffe and Manuel Trajtenberg, The nber patent citation data file: Lessons, insights and methodological tools, in: Adam B. Jaffe and Manuel Trajtenberg, editors, Patents, Citations, and Innovations: A Window on the Knowledge Economy. MIT Press (2003).Google Scholar
- Adam B. Jaffe and Josh Lerner, Innovation and Its Discontents: How Our Broken Patent System is Endangering Innovation and Progress, and What to Do About It, Princeton University Press (2004).Google Scholar
- Jure Leskovec, Jon Kleinberg and Christos Faloutsos, Graphs over time: densification laws, shrinking diameters and possible explanations, in: Proceeding of the eleventh ACM SIGKDD international conference on Knowledge discovery in data mining, (2005), pp. 177–187.Google Scholar
- Jorge Nocedal and Stephen J. Wright, Numerical Optimization, Springer, 1999.Google Scholar
- R. Development. Core Team, R: A Language and Environment for Statistical Computing, R. Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria (2007), ISBN: 3-900051-07-0.Google Scholar