Geotechnical Centrifuge Experiment and Force Analysis of Reinforced Cushion with Pile Cap Net Structure Embankment
Using pile-cap-net structure embankment method in small-scale geotechnical centrifuge experiment to attain higher force capability of reinforced cushion on high strength pile composite foundation is a new and modern technology soil test where study variation rules of reinforced cushion in changes of pile spacing and of pile cap sizes on composite foundation are considered. The method operates on its basic principle once small-scale model establishment placing in the centrifugal acceleration environment reflected real stress level of structure through increasing centrifugal force on experimental materials as well as measuring strain value of reinforced cushion through pile spacing and loading. Then, soft soil foundation was handled with CFG piles under vibrating sinking pipe construction model, pilecap-net structure embankments in sparse pile design with similar ratios of pile cap, pile cap coverage ratio and pile allocation ratio made the reinforced net receive heavier force than using pile-net structure embankments method. With strain value of reinforced cushion under impact of loading allocation varied in the form of M letter line. The result showed that with strength improvement of reinforced cushion under the pile-cap-net structure embankment, the construction can be successful.
Keywordscentrifuge cushion geogrid reinforcement pile composite foundation pile-cap-net structure embankments pile-net structure embankments
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Rao WG (2004) Pile — Net Composite Foundation Practice and Principle. China Water resources & Hydropower pressGoogle Scholar
- Li SP (2001) Using geotechnical net in strengthening soft soil foundation. Subgrade Engineering 6: 99Google Scholar
- Zhang L, Luo Q, Zhou C, Pei FY (2007) Comparative Research on Reinforcement Plans of Thick Soft Clay Ground Based on Centrifugal Model Tests. Chinese Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. 29(3): 982–987Google Scholar
- Jian ML, Zhang DG (2006) Technology and Engineering practice of CFG pile composite foundation. China Water resources & Hydropower pressGoogle Scholar
- Luo Q, Liu JY, Zhang L (2003) Experimental study on Earthwork synthetic material reinforced sand blankets decrease settlement for soft ground. China Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. 25(6):710–714Google Scholar
- China railway siyuan survey and design group Co., Ltd. (2007) Jing-Hu high-speed railway research comprehensive technology of CFG pile composite foundationGoogle Scholar