3D-CSC: A General Segmentation Technique for Voxel Images with Application in Medicine
The successful 2d segmentation method CSC has recently been generalized to 3d. We shortly introduce the concept of both 2D- and 3D-CSC and present two use cases (classification of MR brain data and CT bone data) which demonstrate that analysis of segments generated by the CSC allows high quality classification of 3d data by relatively easy means.
KeywordsVoxel Image Cell Hierarchy Healthy Human Brain Color Structure Code High Quality Classification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Rehrmann, and L. Priese. Fast and robust segmentation of natural color scenes, in Proc. 3rd Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV’98), LNCS 1351, 598–606, 1998.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Vogelbruch, P. Sturm, R. Patzak, L. Priese, and H. Halling. 3D Segmentierung mittels hierarchischer Inselstrukturen, in Bildverarbeitung für die Medizin 2002, 241, 2002.Google Scholar
- 4.L. Priese, P. Sturm, and H. Wang. Hierarchical cell structures for segmentation of voxel images, in Image Analysis: 14th Scandinavian Conference (SCIA 2005), LNCS 3540, 6–16, 2005.Google Scholar
- 5.M. Kuwahara, K. Hachimura, S. Eiho, and M. Kinoshita. Processing of riangiocardiographic images, in Digital Processing of Biomedical Images, 187–202, 1976.Google Scholar
- 6.H. Wang, P. Sturm, F. Schmitt, and L. Priese. Improved Segmentation of MR Brain Images Including Bias Field Correction Based on 3D-CSC, in VISAPP 2006-First International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications 25–28 February, 2006.Google Scholar
- 8.L. Priese, F. Schmitt, P. Sturm, H. Wang, R. Matern and R. Wickenhöfer. Analysis of Brain Images Using the 3D-CSC Segmentation Method, in Medical Imaging 2006: Image Processing, 11–16 February 2006, Vol. 6144 of Proceedings of SPIE, 1303–1313, 2006.Google Scholar
- 9.P. Sturm, L. Priese, and H. Wang. A CSC Based Classification Method for CT Bone Images, in Third International Symposium on 3D Data Processing, Visualization and Transmission (3DPVT 2006), 2006.Google Scholar