Testing Systems Specified as Partial Order Input/Output Automata
An Input/Output Automaton is an automaton with a finite number of states where each transition is associated with a single inpuf or output interaction. In , we introduced a new formalism, in which each transition is associated with a bipartite partially ordered set made of concurrent inputs followed by concurrent outputs. In this paper, we generalize this model to Partial Order Input/Output Automata (POIOA), in which each transition is associated with an almost arbitrary partially ordered set of inputs and outputs. This formalism can be seen as High-Level Messages Sequence Charts with inputs and outputs and allows for the specification of concurrency between inputs and outputs in a very general, direct and concise way. We give a formal definition of this framework, and define several conformance relations for comparing system specifications expressed in this formalism. Then we show how to derive a test suite that guarantees to detect faults defined by a POIOA-specific fault model: missing output faults, unspecified output faults, weaker precondition faults, stronger precondition faults and transfer faults.
KeywordsTesting distributed systems partial order finite state automata conformance relations partial order automata HMSC
- 3.Mauw, S., Reniers, M.: High-level Message Sequence Charts. In: Cavalli, A., Sarma, A. (eds.) Proceedings of the Eight SDL Forum, SDL 1997. Time for Testing - SDL MSC and Trends, Evry, France, September 23-26, 1997, pp. 291–306 (1997)Google Scholar
- 7.Castejón, H.N., Bræk, R., Bochmann, G.V.: Realizability of Collaboration-based Service Specification. In: APSEC conference (November 2007)Google Scholar
- 9.Bochmann, G.v.: Submodule construction for specifications with input assumptions and output guarantees. In: FORTE 2002, Chapman & Hall, Boca Raton (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Dilworth, R.P.: A decomposition theorem for partially ordered sets. Annals of Mathematics (51), 161–166 (1950)Google Scholar
- 13.Luo, G., Dssouli, R., Bochmann, G.v., Ventakaram, P., Ghedamsi, A.: Generating synchronizable test sequences based on finite state machines with distributed ports. In: Proceedings of the IFIP Sixth International Workshop on Protocol Test Systems, Pau, France, September 1993, pp. 53–68 (1993)Google Scholar