Proximity Structures for Geometric Graphs
In this paper we study proximity structures like Delauney triangulations based on geometric graphs, i.e. graphs which are subgraphs of the complete geometric graph. Given an arbitrary geometric graph G, we define several restricted Voronoi diagrams, restricted Delaunay triangulations, relative neighborhood graphs, Gabriel graphs and then study their complexities when G is a general geometric graph or G is some special graph derived from the application area of wireless networks. Besides being of fundamental interest these structures have applications in topology control for wireless networks.
KeywordsPlanar Graph Transmission Range Minimum Span Tree Voronoi Diagram Delaunay Triangulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Fortune, S.: Voronoi diagrams and delaunay triangulations. In: Hwang, F.K., Du, D.-Z. (eds.) Computing in Euclidean Geometry, pp. 193–233. World Scientific, Singapore (1992)Google Scholar
- 3.Preparata, F.P., Shamos, M.I.: Computational Geometry: an Introduction. Springer, Heidelberg (1985)Google Scholar
- 5.Bose, P., Devroye, L., Evans, W., Kirkpatrick, D.: On the spanning ratio of Gabriel graphs and beta-skeletons. In: Proceedings of the Latin American Theoretical Infocomatics, LATIN (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Jaromczyk, J.W., Kowaluk, M.: Constructing the relative neighborhood graph in three-dimensional euclidean space. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 181–192 (1991)Google Scholar
- 8.Supowit, K.J.: The relative neighborhood graph, with an application to minimum spanning trees. Journal of Associate Computing Machine (1983)Google Scholar
- 9.Li, X.Y., Calinescu, G., Wan, P.J.: Distributed construction of planar spanner and routing for ad hoc wireless networks. In: 21st Annual Joint Conference of the IEEE Computer and Communications Societies (INFOCOM), vol. 3 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Faloutsos, M., Molle, M.: Creating optimal distributed algorithms for minimum spanning trees. Technical Report CSRI-327 (also in WDAG 1995) (1995) Google Scholar
- 12.Alzoubi, K., Wan, P.J., Frieder, O.: Message-optimal connected-dominating-set construction for routing in mobile ad hoc networks. In: 3rd ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc 2002) (2002)Google Scholar