A Fast Square Root Computation Using the Frobenius Mapping
- 541 Downloads
The objective of this paper is to give a fast square root computation method. First the Frobenius mapping is adopted. Then a lot of calculations over an extension field are reduced to that over a proper subfield by the norm computation. In addition a inverse square root algorithm and an addition chain are adopted to save the computation cost. All of the above-mentioned steps have been proven to make the proposed algorithm much faster than the conventional algorithm. From the table which compares the computation between the conventional and the proposed algorithm, it is clearly shown that the proposed algorithm accelerates the square root computation 10 times and 20 times faster than the conventional algorithm in F p 11 and F p 12 respectively. At the same time, the proposed algorithm reduces the computation cost 10 times and 20 times less than the conventional algorithm.
KeywordsElliptic Curve Computation Cost Conventional Algorithm Binary Method Addition Chain
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Sato, T., Araki, K.: Fermat Quotients and the Polynomial Time Discrete Lot Algorithm for Anomalous Elliptic Curve. Commentarii Math. Univ. Sancti. Pauli. 47(1), 81–92 (1998)Google Scholar
- 6.Gaudry, P., Hess, F., Smart, N.: Constructive and destructive facets of Weil descent on elliptic curves. Hewlett Packard Lab. Technical Report, HPL-2000-10 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Bailey, D.B., Paar, C.: Optimal Extension Fields for Fast Arithmetic in Public- Key Algorithms. In: Proc. Asiacrypt 2000. LNCS, vol. 1976, pp. 248–258 (2000)Google Scholar
- 10.Nogami, Y., Saito, A., Morikawa, Y.: Finite Extension Field with Modulus of All- One Polynomial and Expression of Its Elements for Fast Arithmetic Operations. In: Proc. of The International Conference on Fudamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences (ICFS 2002), R-18, pp. 10–15 (2002)Google Scholar
- 11.Kobayashi, T., Aoki, K., Hoshino, F.: OEF Using a Successive Extension. In: Proc. The 2000 Symposium on Cryptography and Information Security, vol. (B02) (2000) (in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 12.Nogami, Y., Fujii, Y., Morikawa, Y.: The Cost of Operations in Tower Field. In: The 2002 Symposium on Cryptography and Information Security, vol. 2, pp. 693–698 (2002)Google Scholar