Knowledge Discovery on Chemical Reactivity from Experimental Reaction Information
A knowledge discovery approach from chemical information with focusing on negative information in positive data is described. Reported experimental chemical reactions are classified into some reaction groups according to similarities in physicochemical features with a self-organizing mapping (SOM) method. In one of the reaction groups, functional groups of reactants are divided into two categories according to the experimental results whether they reacted or not. The classes of the functional groups are used for derivation of knowledge on chemical reactivity and condition intensity. The approach is demonstrated with a model dataset.
KeywordsKnowledge Discovery Chemical Reactivity Condition Intensity Negative Information Positive Data
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Satoh, H., Funatsu, K.: SOPHIA, a Knowledge Base-Guided Reaction Prediction System - Utilizing of a Knowledge Base Derived from a Reaction Database. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 35, 34 (1995)Google Scholar
- 5.Satoh, H., Funatsu, K.: Further Development of a Reaction Generator in the SOPHIA System for Organic Reaction Prediction. Knowledge-Guided Addition of Suitable Atoms and/or Atomic Groups to Product Skeleton. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 36, 173 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Satoh, H., Sacher, O., Nakata, T., Chen, L., Gasteiger, J., Funatsu, K.: Classification of Organic Reactions: Similarity of Reactions Based on Changes in the Electronic Features of Oxygen Atoms at the Reaction Sites. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 38, 210 (1998)Google Scholar
- 8.Satoh, H., Itono, S., Funatsu, K., Takano, K., Nakata, T.: A Novel Method for Characterization of Three-dimensional Reaction Fields Based on Electrostatic and Steric Interactions toward the Goal of Quantitative Analysis and Understandingg of Organic Reactions. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 39, 671 (1999)Google Scholar
- 10.Satoh, H., Koshino, H., Funatsu, K., Nakata, T.: Novel Canonical Coding Method for Representation of Three-dimensional Structures. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 40, 622 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Satoh, H., Koshino, H., Funatsu, K., Nakata, T.: Representation of Configurations by CAST Coding Method. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 41, 1106 (2001)Google Scholar
- 13.Distributed Chemical Graphics, Inc.Google Scholar
- 15.Laboratory of Prof. Kimito Funatsu in Toyohashi University of TechnologyGoogle Scholar