A Novel Color Image Watermarking Method Based on Genetic Algorithm
In the past a few years, many watermarking approaches have been proposed for solving the copyright protection problems, most of the watermarking schemes employ gray-level images to embed the watermarks, whereas the application to color images is scarce and usually works on the luminous or individual color channel. In this paper, a novel intensity adaptive color image watermarking algorithm based on genetic algorithm (CIWGA) is presented. The adaptive embedding scheme in three channels’ wavelet coefficients, which belong to texture-active regions, not only improves image quality, but also furthest enhances security and robustness of the watermarked image. The experimental results show that our method is more flexible than traditional methods and successfully fulfills the compromise between robustness and image quality.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Color Image Watermark Image Watermark Scheme Improve Image Quality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cheung, W. N.: Digital Image Watermarking in the Spatial and Transform Domains. Pro-Ceedings of TENCON’2000, Sept. 24–27,2000,3Google Scholar
- 3.Fleet, D., Heeger, D.: Embedding Invisible Information in Color Images. Proc. 4th IEEE International conference on Image Processing, Santa Barbara, USA, 1(1997) 532–535Google Scholar
- 4.Kong, J., Wang, W., Lu, Y. H., Han, J. L., Hou, G.: Joint Spatial and Frequency Domains Watermarking Algorithm Based on Wavelet Packets Transform. The 18th Australian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2005Google Scholar
- 6.Gen M., Cheng R.: Genetic Algorithms and Engineering Design. Wiley, New York, NY, 1997Google Scholar
- 11.Ganic, E., Eskicioglu, A.M.: Robust DWT-SVD Domain Image Watermarking: Embedding Data in All Frequencies. Proceedings of 2004 Multimedia and Security Workshop on Multimedia and Security, (2004) 166–174Google Scholar