Adaptive Rank Indexing Scheme with Arithmetic Coding in Color-Indexed Images
In this paper, we introduce re-indexing method in indexing images using ranking, and propose two algorithms to determine rank of equivalent counted values on a row of co-occurrence count table. The goal of all algorithms is to improvement performance of lossless image compression. Using these algorithms, compression efficiency can be expected with higher data redundancy because most of pixels are contained in few higher ranks. After the simulation, it is verified that our proposed algorithms show the improvement of compression ratio than existing conventional re-indexing algorithms.
KeywordsHigh Rank Compression Ratio Compression Efficiency Lossless Compression Photo Image
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Gonzalez, R.C., Woods, R.E., Eddins, S.L.: Digital Image Processing using MATLAB, New Jersey: Prentice Hall (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, Z.N., Drew, M.S.: Fundamentals of Multimedia, New Jersey: Prentice Hall (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Zeng, W., Li, J., Lei, S.: An Efficient Color Re-Indexing Scheme for Palette-based Compression, Proc. IEEE int. Image Processing, ICIP-2000., Vol.3 (2000) 476–479Google Scholar
- 6.You, K.S., Lee, H.J., Jang, E.S., Kwak, H.S.: An Efficient Lossless Compression Algorithm using Arithmetic Coding for Indexed Color Image, KICS on Communication Theory, Signal Processing, Information Security, Vol. 30 No. 1C (2005) 35–43Google Scholar
- 8.Pinho, A.J.: ftp://ftp.ieeta.pt/%7Eap/imagesGoogle Scholar