Embedded System Implementation for an Object Detection Using Stereo Image
This paper reports the implementation of an Embedded system for object detection using a stereo image. The Embedded system can be divided into three areas: image capture, memory control block, system control block. The system control block was implemented using a 32bit RISC processor. The other block was assisted by FPGA using H/W in order to obtain image information. An algorithm using mean squared error (MSE) was used for object detection and was performed in the system control block. In order to identify an identical object in a stereo image block, a matching algorithm was used to create DEPTH MAP for the image-processing algorithm. After searching the distance to the object by inputting the DEPTH value from the user, the object in a specific position was detected by comparing the DEPTH to the DEPTH MAP. The information and image was transmitted to a PC and identified.
KeywordsMean Square Error Object Detection Stereo Image Stereo Match Block Match
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cho, Y.S.: A Study on High Speed Tracing of the Moving Object using Moving Vector Detection and Separation Method. Ph.D Thesis 13–15Google Scholar
- 2.Hong C.: A Study on the Separation of the Object and Background using Difference Information in 3 Dimensional Image, Engineering Master Degree Thesis, (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.International Techno Information Laboratory: CCD Camera and Image Processing Circuit Design, Seon Ho Park and et al, (2000)Google Scholar
- 4.Gyaourova, A., Kamath, C., Cheung S.-C.: Block Matching for Object Tracking, UCRL-TR-200271, October, (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Intel: StrongARM SA-1110 Microprocessor Developer’s Manual, June, (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.Kim E.S., Lee’ S.H.: Base of 3 dimensional Image, (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Do, K.H.: Image Segmentation using Stereo matching Transition Information, Dongseo Thesis Collection of Dongseo University (1996) 10. 115–127Google Scholar
- 8.Philips: SAA7114H PAL/NTSC/SECAM video decoder Mar, (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Averlogic: AL422B Data sheet Revision V1.3, April, (1999)Google Scholar