A Novel Multi-agent Based Complex Process Control System and Its Application
Complex process control systems need a hybrid control mode, which combines hierarchical structure with decentralized control units. Autonomy of agents and cooperation capability between agents in multi-agent system provide basis for realization of the hybrid control mode. A novel multi-agent based complex process control system is proposed. Semantic representation of a control-agent is presented utilizing agent-oriented programming. A novel temporal logic analysis of a control-agent is proposed using Petri nets. Collaboration relationships among control-agents are analyzed based on extended contract net protocol aiming at the lack of reference . Taken pressure control of recycled gas with complicated disturbances as an application, five kinds of control-agents are derived from control-agent. Reachable marking tree and different transition of each derived control-agent are analyzed in detail. Actual running effect indicates multi-agent based hybrid control mode is rationality and flexible. Temporal logic analysis based on Petri nets ensures the reachability of the systems. Extended contract net protocol provides a reasonable realization for collaboration relationships.
KeywordsCoke Oven Switching Process Reference Pressure Activation Intention Periodical Disturbance
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.Hu, G., Sun, Y.: Advances and Application of Multiple Model Control Method. Information and Control Vol.33 (2004)73–74Google Scholar
- 5.Kohu, W., Nerode, A.: Multiple Agent Autonomous Hybrid Control Systems. Proc.of the IEEE Conference on Decision and control (1992)16–18Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, L., Din, J.: Complex Process Control System Based on the Theory of Multi-Agent. Mechatronics, Vol.1 (2004)28–31Google Scholar
- 7.Wei, Z., Lu, Q.: Model of Distributed Computer Control System Based on the Multiagent system. Journal of Hefei University of Technology Vol.27(2004)1570–1573Google Scholar
- 8.Fischer, K., Jacobi, S., Diehl, C., et al.: Multiagent Technologies for Steel Production and Control. Proc. International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology Vol.2 Beijing (2004)555–558Google Scholar
- 9.Albert, J.N., Breemen, V.: Agent-Based Multi-Controller Systems. Ph.D. thesis. Netherlands. Twente University (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Voos, H.: Intelligent Agents for Supervision and Control: A Perspective. Proc. International Symposium on Intelligent Control Greece (2000)339–344Google Scholar
- 11.Guo, Y., Gong, D., Zhou, Y.: Multi-Agent System Based Cooperative Interactive Evolutionary Computation model. Journal of System Simulation Vol.17(2005)1548–1552Google Scholar
- 12.Chang-jun, J.: Behavior Theory and Applications of Petri Net. Higher Education Press. Beijing (2003)Google Scholar
- 13.Hsieh, F.: Modeling and Control of Holonic Manufacturing Systems Based on Extended Contract Net Protocol. Proc. of the American Control Conference, Anchorage (2002) 5037–5042Google Scholar
- 14.Guo, Y., Wang, S., Hao, R. et al.: Multi-layer Control Applied to Pressure Control of The Recycled Coal Gas in Coke Oven. Metallurgical Industry Automation (2002)13–15Google Scholar