Clustering Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Transmit Power Control and Soft Computing
Minimizing power consumption of node is important in wireless sensor networks. Transmit power control and clustering can reduce the energy consumption efficiently when nodes are non-homogeneously dispersed in space. This paper presents the clustering algorithm in wireless sensor networks. The clustering algorithm is based on the optimization of transmit power level by using the soft computing approaches. This solution determines the node transmit power level statistically and achieves energy savings efficiently.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Narayaswamy, S., Kawada, V., Sreenivas, R.S., Kumar, P.R.: Power Control in Ad-Hoc Networks: Theory, Architecture, Algorithm, and Implementation of the COMPOW Protocol. European Wireless Conference, (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Kawadia, V., Kumar, P.R.: Power Control and Clustering Ad Hoc Networks. IEEE INFOCOM, (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Kecman, V.: Learning and Soft Computing. 61–103Google Scholar
- 4.Perkins, C.E., Elizabeth M.R.: Highly Dynamic Destination-Sequenced Distance-Vector Routing (DSDV) for Mobile Computers. SIG-COMM’ 94: Computer Communication Review. (1994) 234–244Google Scholar
- 5.Perkins, C.E., Elizabeth M.R.: Ad Hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing. Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing Systems and Applications. (1999) 90–100Google Scholar
- 6.UCB/LBNL/VINT Network Simulator — ns2. http://www-mash.cs.berkeley.edu/ns/, (1998)Google Scholar