Cellular Monte Carlo Modeling of AlxIn1−xSb/InSb Quantum Well Transistors
In this work, an Indium Antimonide (InSb) quantum well transistor is investigated using full-band Monte Carlo simulations. The steady-state characteristic of the device is first analyzed, showing particle transport along the two-dimensional electron gas (2DEG). The small-signal behavior of the device is also investigated. Finally, the noise analysis is performed, allowing for a two-dimensional mapping of the noise within the device.
KeywordsPower Spectral Density Noise Analysis Negative Differential Resistance Drain Voltage Electron Drift Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- T. Ashely, A.B. Dean, C.T. Elliott, R. Jefferies, F. Khaleque and T.J. Philipps, “High-Speed, Low-Power InSb Transistors”, Elec. Dev. Meeting, 1997 Technical Digest International, p. 751–754, 7–10 Dec. 1997Google Scholar
- E. Sijerčič, K. Mueller and B. Pejčinovič, “Simulation of the exclusion/extraction InSb MOSFETs”, IEEE W. on Microelec. and Elec. Dev., 2004Google Scholar
- T. Ashley, A.B. Dean, C.T. Elliott, G.J. Pryce, A.D. Johnson and H. Willis, “Uncooled high-speed InSb field-effect transistors”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 66,(4), Jan. 1995.Google Scholar
- T. Ashley et al. “Novel InSb-based Quantum Well Transistors for Ultra-High Speed, Low Power Logic Applications, IEEE, 2004Google Scholar
- M. Saraniti and S.M. Goodnick, “Hybrid Fullband Cellular Automaton/Monte Carlo Approach for Fast Simulation of Charge Transport in Semiconductors”, IEEE Trans. on Elec. Dev., 47,(10), Oct. 2000Google Scholar
- W. Fawcett, J.G. Ruch, “NDM in InSb”, Appl. Phys. Lett., 15,(11), 1969Google Scholar
- S.L. Laux, “Techniques for Small-Signal Analysis of Semiconductor Devices”, IEEE Trans. on Elec. Dev., ED-32,(10), Oct. 1985.Google Scholar
- J. Branlard, S. Aboud, P. Osuch, S. Goodnick and M. Saraniti, “Frequency Analysis of Semiconductor Devices Using Full-Band Cellular Monte Carlo Simulations.”, Monte Carlo Methods and Appl., 10,(3–4), 2004Google Scholar
- L. Varani and L. Reggiani, “Microscopic Theory of Electronic Noise in Semiconductor Unipolar Structures”, La Rivista del Nuovo Cimento, 1994Google Scholar