OBDD: Overlapping Balancing Domain Decomposition Methods and Generalizations to the Helmholtz Equation
Balancing Domain Decomposition (BDD) methods belong to the family of preconditioners based on nonoverlapping decomposition of subregions and they have been tested successfully on several challenging large scale applications.
KeywordsDomain Decomposition Method Saddle Point Problem Poisson Problem Coarse Space Helmholtz Problem
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.X.-C. Cai, M. A. Casarin, F. W. Elliott Jr., and O. B. Widlund, Overlapping Schwarz algorithms for solving Helmholtz's equation, in Domain decomposition methods, 10 (Boulder, CO, 1997), Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI, 1998, pp. 391–399.Google Scholar
- 2.X. C. Cai, M. Dryja, and M. Sarkis, A restricted additive Schwarz preconditioner with harmonic overlap for symmetric positive definite linear systems, SIAM J. Sci. Comput., (2002). Submitted.Google Scholar
- 4.J.-H. Kimn and B. Bourdin, Numerical implementation of overlapping balancing domain decomposition methods on unstructured meshes, in Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, O. B. Widlund and D. E. Keyes, eds., Springer, 2006. These proceedings.Google Scholar
- 5.J.-H. Kimn and M. Sarkis, Analysis of overlapping balancing domain decomposition methods. In preparation, 2006.Google Scholar
- 7.M. Sarkis, Partition of unity coarse space and Schwarz methods with harmonic overlap, in Recent Developments in Domain Decomposition Method, L. F. Pavarino and A. Tosell, eds., Springer-Verlag, 2002, pp. 75–92.Google Scholar
- 8.M. Sarkis, A coarse space for elasticity: Partition of unity rigid body motions coarse space, in Proceedings of the Applied Mathematics and Scientific Computing Dubrovnik, Croacia, June, 2001, Z. D. et. al., ed., Kluwer Academic Press, 2003, pp. 3–31.Google Scholar
- 9.M. Sarkis, Partition of unity coarse spaces: Enhanced versions, discontinuous coefficients and applications to elasticity, in Fourteenth International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, I. Herrera, D. E. Keyes, O. B. Widlund, and R. Yates, eds., ddm.org, 2003.Google Scholar
- 10.A. Toselli and O. B. Widlund, Domain Decomposition Methods — Algorithms and Theory, vol. 34 of Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, 2005.Google Scholar