Advection Diffusion Problems with Pure Advection Approximation in Subregions
We study in this paper a model problem of advection diffusion type on a region which contains a subregion where it is sufficient to approximate the problem by the pure advection equation. We define coupling conditions at the interface between the two regions which lead to a coupled solution which approximates the fully viscous solution more accurately than other conditions from the literature, and we develop a fast algorithm to solve the coupled problem.
KeywordsCoupling Condition Transmission Condition Domain Decomposition Method Viscous Solution Absorb Boundary Condition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Dubach, Contribution a la résolution des equations fluides en domaine non borné, PhD thesis, Universite Paris 13, Fevrier 1993.Google Scholar
- 2.O. Dubois, Optimized Schwarz methods for the advection-diffusion equation, Master's thesis, McGill University, 2003.Google Scholar
- 3.M. J. Gander, L. Halpern, and C. Japhet, Optimized Schwarz algorithms for coupling convection and convection-diffusion problems, in Thirteenth international conference on domain decomposition, N. Debit, M. Garbey, R. Hoppe, J. Périaux, D. Keyes, and Y. Kuznetsov, eds., ddm.org, 2001, pp. 253–260.Google Scholar
- 4.F. Gastaldi, A. Quarteroni, and G. S. Landriani, On the coupling of twodimensional hyperbolic and elliptic equations: analytical and numerical approach, in Third International Symposium on Domain Decomposition Methods for Partial Differential Equations, held in Houston, Texas, March 20–22, 1989, T. F. Chan, R. Glowinski, J. Périaux, and O. Widlund, eds., Philadelphia, PA, 1990, SIAM, pp. 22–63.Google Scholar
- 5.C. Japhet, Méthode de décomposition de domaine et conditions aux limites arti ficielles en mécanique des fluides: méthode optimisée d'ordre 2, PhD thesis, Université Paris 13, 1998.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Quarteroni and A. Valli, Domain Decomposition Methods for Partial Differential Equations, Oxford University Press, 1999.Google Scholar