Optimized Schwarz Methods in Spherical Geometry with an Overset Grid System
In recent years, much attention has been given to domain decomposition methods for solving linear elliptic problems that are based on a partitioning of the domain of the physical problem. More recently, a new class of Schwarz methods known as optimized Schwarz methods was introduced to improve the performance of the classical Schwarz methods.
KeywordsModel Problem Grid System Spherical Geometry Homogeneous Problem Domain Decomposition Method
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M. J. Gander, L. Halpern, and F. Nataf, Optimized Schwarz methods, in Twelfth International Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, Chiba, Japan, T. Chan, T. Kako, H. Kawarada, and O. Pironneau, eds., Bergen, 2001, Domain Decomposition Press, pp. 15–28.Google Scholar
- 3.I. S. Gradshteyn and I. M. Ryzhik, Tables of Series, Products and Integrals, Verlag Harri Deutsch, Thun, 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Hagstrom, R. P. Tewarson, and A. Jazcilevich, Numerical experiments on a domain decomposition algorithm for nonlinear elliptic boundary value problems, Appl. Math. Lett., 1 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.C. Japhet, Optimized Krylov-Ventcell method. Application to convection-diffusion problems, in Proceedings of the 9th international conference on domain decomposition methods, P. E. Bjørstad, M. S. Espedal, and D. E. Keyes, eds., ddm.org, 1998, pp. 382–389.Google Scholar
- 6.A. Kageyama and T. Sato, The ‘Yin-Yang grid’ : An overset grid in spherical geometry, Geochem. Geophys. Geosyst., 5 (2004).Google Scholar