Robust Multilevel Restricted Schwarz Preconditioners and Applications
We introduce a multi-level restricted Schwarz preconditioner with a special coarse-to-fine interpolation and show numerically that the new preconditioner works extremely well for some difficult large systems of linear equations arising from some optimization problems constrained by the incompressible Navier-Stokes equations. Performance of the preconditioner is reported for parameters including number of processors, mesh sizes and Reynolds numbers.
KeywordsLagrange Multiplier Mesh Point Sharp Jump Coarse Discontinuity Multilevel Preconditioner
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Balay, K. Buschelman, V. Eijkhout, W. D. Gropp, D. Kaushik, M. G. Knepley, L. C. McInnes, B. F. Smith, and H. Zhang, PETSc users manual, Argonne National Laboratory, http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc, 2004.Google Scholar
- 9.M. D. Gunzburger, Perspectives in Flow Control and Optimization, SIAM, Philadelphia, 2002.Google Scholar
- 10.A. D. Ioffe and V. M. Tihomirov, Theory of Extremal Problems, North-Holland Publishing Company, first ed., 1979. Translation from Russian edition, (c) 1974 NAUKA, Moscow.Google Scholar
- 11.E. E. Prudencio, Parallel Fully Coupled Lagrange-Newton-Krylov-Schwarz Algorithms and Software for Optimization Problems Constrained by Partial Differential Equations, PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2005.Google Scholar
- 13.A. Toselli and O. B. Widlund, Domain Decomposition Methods — Algorithms and Theory, vol. 34 of Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, 2005.Google Scholar