Robust Watermarking on Polygonal Meshes Using Distribution of Vertex Norms
Most watermarking techniques for 3-D mesh models have mainly focused on robustness against various attacks, such as adding noise, smoothing, simplification, re-meshing, clipping, and so on. These attacks perceptually damage the stego model itself. Unlike watermarking of other multimedia data, serious attacks for 3-D meshes includes similarity transform and vertex re-ordering. They can fatally destroy the watermark without any perceptual degradation of the stego model. In this paper, we propose a new watermarking technique for 3-D polygonal mesh model, which modifies the distribution of vertex norms according to watermark bit to be embedded. In particular, the proposed employs blind watermark detection technique, which extracts the watermark without referring to cover meshes. The simulation results show that the proposed is remarkably robust against similarity transform and vertex re-ordering.
KeywordsWatermark Scheme Mesh Model Watermark Technique Polygonal Mesh Watermark Extraction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Hartung, F., Girod, B.: Watermarking of uncompressed and compressed video. Signal Processing, 283–301 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Ohbuchi, R., Takahashi, S., Miyazawa, T., Mukaiyama, A.: Watermarking 3D Polygonal Meshes in the Mesh Spectral Domain. In: Proceedings of Graphics Interface, pp. 9–18 (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Yu, Z., Ip, H.H.S., Kwok, L.F.: Robust Watermarking of 3D Polygonal Models Based on Vertice Scrambling. In: Computer Graphics International 2003, pp. 254–257 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Kanai, S., Date, H., Kishinami, T.: Digital Watermarking for 3D Polygons using Multiresolution Wavelet Decomposition. In: Proceedings Sixth IFIP WG 5.2 GEO-6, pp. 296–307 (1998)Google Scholar
- 12.Lee, S.H., Kim, T.S., Kim, B.J., Kwon, S.G., Kwon, K.R., Lee, K.I.: 3D Polygonal Meshes Watermarking Using Normal Vector Distributions. In: IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo., vol. 3, pp. 105–108 (2003)Google Scholar