Representing Agent Interaction Protocols with Agent UML
Several modeling techniques exist to represent agent interaction protocols mostly based on work done in distributed systems. These modeling techniques do not take the agent features such as the autonomy into account. Agent Interaction Protocol designers are now considering specific modeling techniques that contain these features. In this paper, we present the second version of the Agent UML interaction diagrams dedicated to interaction protocols, and based on UML 2.0.
KeywordsModeling Language Multiagent System Sequence Diagram Agent Instance Event Occurrence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Barbuceanu, M., Fox, M.S.: COOL: A language for describing coordination in multiagent system. In: First International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems (ICMAS 1995), San Francisco, USA, June 1995, pp. 17–24. AAAI Press, Menlo Park (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Holzmann, G.J.: Design and Validation of Computer Protocols. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1991)Google Scholar
- 4.Mazouzi, H., El Fallah Seghrouchni, A., Haddad, S.: Open protocol design for complex interactions in multi-agent systems. In: Proceedings of the First International Joint Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems (AAMAS 2002), Bologna, Italy (July 2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Mellor, S.J., Balcer, M.: Executable UML. Addison-Wesley, Reading (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Odell, J., Parunak, H.V.D., Bauer, B.: Extending UML for agents. In: Wagner, G., Lesperance, Y., Yu, E. (eds.) Proceedings of the Agent-Oriented Information Systems Workshop at the 17th National conference on Artificial Intelligence, Austin, Texas, July 30. ICue Publishing (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.O.M.G. (OMG). Unified Modeling Language: Superstructure version 2.0, 03-04-01 edn. (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Paurobally, S.: Rational Agents and the Processes and States of Negotiation. PhD thesis, Imperial College, University of London (2003)Google Scholar