Research and Implementation of CORBA Web Services
CORBA (Common Object Request Broker Architecture) is one of the popular technologies that can be used to construct enterprise level application systems. However, none of conventional middleware technologies will dominate the software industry alone; therefore interoperability becomes one of the most crucial issues. Web Services is a kind of new Web application shape which shields from the existence of different middleware platforms and programming language abstractions. This paper firstly presents two models for wrapping CORBA objects to Web Services, and then analyzes some key technologies such as scalable architecture, SOAP/IIOP protocol datatype mapping, unified service providing infrastructure etc. Finally, it gives some tests and performance comparison on top of StarWebService that is developed by our team.
KeywordsAverage Response Time Object Management Group Common Object Request Broker Architecture Unify Service Scalable Architecture
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Gokhale, A.S., Balachandran, N.: GriT: A CORBA-based GRID Middleware Architecture. In: Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Almeida, J.P.A., Pries, L.F., van Sinderen, M.J.: Web Services and Sealmess Interoperability (2003), Available at https://doc.telin.nl/dscgi/ds.py/Get/File-31638/almeida-eoows-2003.pdf
- 3.Koschel, A., zur Linden, K.H.: Interoperability of Standards Web Services &.Net. In: EJB and CORBA (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Object Management Group: CORBA Web Services, initial Joint Submission (2001), Available at http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/spec_catalog.htm
- 5.Object Management Group: CORBA-WSDL/SOAP final adopted specification, ptc/03-01- 14, (January 2003), Available at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ptc/03-01-14
- 6.Object Management Group: Joint Revised Submission to the WSDL-SOAP to CORBA Interworking RFP, mars/03-03-03 (2003), Available at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?mars/03-03-03
- 7.Object Management Group: Common Object Request Broker Architecture: Core Specification, Version 3.0. (2002), Available at http://www.omg.org/technology/documents/spec_catalog.htm
- 8.CapeClear software 5.0 (2004), Available at http://www.capeclear.com/products/download/
- 9.Apache <Web Services/> Axis 1.1 project (2003), http://ws.apache.org/axis/
- 10.WebServices.OrgTM, http://www.webservices.org
- 11.IONA software, http://www.iona.com