Study of Knowledge Evolution in Parallel Computing by Short Texts Analysis
The problem of measuring and predicting the future of various branches of science is discussed. We propose an economical approach that is useful for the estimation of the stage of development for any branch of “normal” science with the help of abstract flow analysis. For this goal it is necessary to collect large amounts of abstracts uniformly distributed in years. As abstracts are poor knowledge objects, we use the procedure of aggregation in its annual sum of texts as an elemental unit for cluster analysis. For cluster analysis we use the tool kit “Visual Heuristic Cluster Analysis for Texts” developed earlier by one of the co-authors, with K. Sboychakov. To determine the topic of the cluster, we propose to use chapters of manuals and articles principal in the procedure of pattern recognition.
KeywordsVirtual Machine Parallel Computing Message Passing Interface Poor Knowledge Knowledge Evolution
- 1.La Estructura de las revoluciones científicas. Thomas S. Kuhn. Editorial Fondo de Cultura Económica de España. 2000, Traducción: A. Contín. pp. 320 (1962) ISBN:84-375-0046-XGoogle Scholar
- 2.The Geography of Economic Development: Regional Changes, Global Challenges. Timothy J. Fik. A Division of the McGraw-Hill Companies, pp. 260–265Google Scholar
- 3.Bibliometric Mapping as a Science Policy and Research Management Tool. In: Noyons, C.M. (ed.) Science Studies, 1999 Leiden University, p. 225. DSWO PRESS (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Andrews, G.R.: Foundations of Multithreaded, Parallel, and Distributed Programming. University of Arizona, Addison-Wesley (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Makagonov, P., Alexandrov, M., Sboychakov, K.: A toolkit for development of the domain-oriented dictionaries for structuring document flows. In: Kiers, H.A., et al. (eds.) Data Analysis, Classification, and Related Methods (Studies in classification, data analysis, and knowledge organization), pp. 83–88. Springer, Heidelberg (2000)Google Scholar