A Correlated Load Aware Routing Protocol in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
In this paper, we investigate the load distribution in ad hoc networks for reducing the possibility of power depletion and queuing delay at a node with heavy load environments. We examine the efficiency of dominant ad hoc routing protocols from a point of load balancing. Based on the results from various simulations, we design a new Correlated Load-Aware Routing (CLAR) protocol that considers the traffic load, through and around neighboring nodes, as the primary route selection metric. Simulation results show that CLAR outperforms other popular protocols and is better suited for the heady load networks with low mobility.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Perkins, C.E.: Ad hoc networking. Addison Wesley, Reading (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Lee, S.J., Gerla, M.: Dynamic Load-Aware Routing in Ad hoc Networks. In: The Proceeding of ICC 2001, Helsinki, Finland (June 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Hassanein, H., Zhou, A.: Routing with Load Balancing in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc. ACM MSWiM, Rome, Italy (July 2001)Google Scholar
- 4.Wu, K., Harms, J.: Load-Sensitive Routing for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. In: Proc. IEEE ICCCN 2001, Scottsdale, AZ (October 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Song, J.H., Wong, V.W.S., Leung, V.C.M.: Load-Aware On-demand Routing (LAOR) Protocol for Mobile Ad-hoc networks. In: Proc. IEEE VTC Spring 2003, Jeju, Korea (April 2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Floyd, S., Jacobson, V.: Random early detection gateways for congestion avoidance. Networking, IEEE/ACM Transactions on 1 (August 1993)Google Scholar
- 7.Allman, M., Paxson, V., Stevens, W.: TCP Congestion Control. RFC2581 in IETF (April 1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Perkins, C.E., Royer, E.M., Das, S.R.: Ad hoc On-Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing, IETF RFC3651 (July 2003)Google Scholar
- 9.The VINT Project, The network simulator – ns-2, Available at http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/
- 10.Lundgren, H.: AODV-UU. Uppsala University, Sweden, http://user.it.uu.se/~enrikl/aodv/index.shtml
- 11.Johnson, D.B., Maltz, D.A., Hu, Y.-C.: Dynamic source routing in ad hoc wireless networks. draft-ietf-manet-dsr-09.txt, Internet Draft in IETF (April 2003)Google Scholar