QoS Quorum-Constrained Resource Management in Wireless Grid
In wireless Grid computing environment, end-to-end Quality of Service (QoS) could be very complex, and this highlights the increasing requirement for the management of QoS itself. Policy quorum-based management offers a more flexible, customizable management solution that allows controlled elements to be configured or scheduled on the fly, for a specific requirement tailored for a customer. This paper presents a QoS guaranteed management scheme, Policy Quorum Resource Management (PQRM), which facilitates the reliable scheduling of the wireless Grid system with dynamic resource management architecture aimed at fulfilling the QoS requirements. Experimental results show the proposed PQRM with resource reconfiguration scheme improves both performance and stability, which is suitable for a wireless Grid services.
KeywordsGrid Resource Wireless Grid Data Loss Rate Grid Resource Management System Resource Topology
- 1.McKnight, L.W., Anius, D., Uzuner, O.: Virtual Market in wireless Grid: Peering policy prospects, TPRC2002 Research conference on Communication, Information and Internet Policy (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Saeed, M., Lieu, C., Raber, G., Mark, R.G.: MIMIC II: A massive temporal ICU patient database to support research in intelligent patient monitoring. Computers in Cardiology, 641–644 (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Golberger, A., Amaral, L., Glass, L., Hausdorff, J.M., et al.: PhysioBank, PhysioToolkit, and PhysioNet:Component of a New Research Resource for Complex Physiologic Signals. Circulation 101(23) (June 2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Franken, L.J., Haverkort, B.R.: The performability manager. IEEE Network, pp. 24–32 (January/February 1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Cardei, I., Varadarajan, S., Pavan, M., Cardei, M., Min, M.: Resource Management for Ad-hoc wireless networks with cluster organization. Journal of Cluster Computing in the Internet, Kluwer Academic Publishers (January 2004)Google Scholar