Integrated Semantic Browsing of the Mizar Mathematical Library for Authoring Mizar Articles
The Mizar system is equipped with a very large library containing tens of thousands of theorems and thousands of definitions, which often use overloaded notation. For efficient authoring of new Mizar articles it is necessary to have good tools for searching and browsing this library. It would be ideal if such tools were simple, intuitive and easy to access. Particularly, they should provide interactive and integrated support during authoring Mizar articles.
We describe an approach to this task which uses the extendable MML Query tools to generate a special representation of the Mizar library (MML). This representation, so called Generated Mizar Abstracts, contains human readable form of the MML, completed by additional information which is missing or hidden in regular Mizar abstracts and texts. It also includes semantic information necessary for implementing advanced browsing in the Mizar authoring environment for Emacs (Mizar mode). Together with other functions of the Mizar mode, this allows the authors of Mizar articles to disambiguate the meaning of overloaded Mizar notations, and thus helps to start browsing at an appropriate place.
KeywordsNaming Scheme Proof Assistant Semantic Layer Human Presentation Interactive Query
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Bancerek, G.: MML Query, description, http://megrez.mizar.org/mmlquery/description.html
- 4.Borenstein, N.: The text/enriched MIME Content-type (09/23/1993), ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1523.txt
- 5.Borenstein, N.: The text/enriched MIME Content-type (01/10/ 1994), ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1563.txt
- 6.The grammar of the Mizar library items, http://merak.pb.bialystok.pl/mmlquery/mmlquery.html#Library-item
- 7.Journal of Formalized Mathematics, http://mizar.uwb.edu.pl/JFM/
- 8.The Mizar Home Page, http://mizar.org
- 9.Resnick, P., Walker, A.: The text/enriched MIME Content-type (January 1996), ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc1896.txt
- 10.Rudnicki, P.: An overview of the Mizar project. In: Proceedings of the 1992, Workshop on Types for Proofs and Programs. Chalmers University of Technology, Bastad (1992)Google Scholar
- 12.Urban, J.: MizarMode: Emacs Authoring Environment for Mizar, available online at: http://kti.mff.cuni.cz/~urban/MizarModeDoc/html/
- 13.Urban, J.: MoMM – Fast interreduction and retrieval in large libraries of formalized mathematics. In: Sutcliffe, G., Schultz, S., Tammit, T. (eds.) Proceedings of the IJCAR 2004 Workshop on Empirically Successful First Order Reasoning, ENTCS (accepted, 2004), Available online at: http://ktiml.mff.cuni.cz/~urban/MoMM/momm.ps
- 14.Urban, J.: MPTP – Motivation, implementation, first experiments. In: Dahn, I., Kapur, D., Vigneron, L. (eds.) Journal of Automated Reasoning, First-Order Theorem Proving Special Issue. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (supposed publication: end of 2004) (accepted), Available online at: http://kti.ms.mff.cuni.cz/~urban/MPTP/mptp-jar.ps.gz