A User-Centred System for End-to-End Secure Multimedia Content Delivery: From Content Annotation to Consumer Consumption
The paper discusses the current status of progress of the on-going EU IST BUSMAN project (Bringing User Satisfaction to Media Access Networks), which now approaches the milestone of its 2nd year running. The issues explained include the motivation and approaches behind the design of its client-server system architecture for effective data flows handling, the progress in the implementation of the proposed server system functionalities, and the advanced video processing algorithms investigated and adopted. A fully functional client-server system for video content management, search and retrieval for both professional use scenarios and customers with either fixed or wireless network connections is expected to be demonstrable by year end of 2004.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Evans, A.: User-Centred Design of a Mobile Football Video Database. In: Proceedings of 2nd Intl. Conf. on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia, Norrkoping, Sweden (December 2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Villegas, P., et al.: An Environment for Efficient Handling of Digital Assets. In: Proceedings of WIAMIS 2003, London, UK (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, Information Technology – Multimedia Framework – Part 3: Digital Item Identification, ISO/IEC IS 21000-3Google Scholar
- 4.LeGall, D., Mitchell, J.L., Pennbaker, W.B., Fogg, C.E.: MPEG video compression standard. Chapman & Hall, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Calic, J., Izquierdo, E.: Towards Real-Time Shot Detection in the MPEG Compressed Domain. In: Proceedings of WIAMIS 2001, Tampere, Finland (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.MPEG Committee Implementation Subgroup: MPEG-7 eXperimentation ModelGoogle Scholar
- 7.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, Information Technology – Multimedia Content Description Interface – Part 3: Visual, ISO/IEC IS 15938-3:2001Google Scholar
- 8.ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, Information Technology – Multimedia Content Description Interface – Part 3: Multimedia Description Schemes, ISO/IEC IS 15938-5Google Scholar
- 9.Salembier, P., Smith, J.R.: MPEG-7 Multimedia Description Schemes. IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology 11(6) (June 2001)Google Scholar