Learning How to Manage Risks Using Organizational Knowledge
- 294 Downloads
In spite of being an important software activity, many software organizations present difficulties in managing risks. This happens mainly due to their low maturity level, and because Risk Management is a complex and knowledge intensive task that requires experienced project managers, which many times are not available. In order to overcome this barrier, novice software engineers must learn how to perform this task, and organizational knowledge concerning it can be very useful. In this paper, we present a knowledge management approach to support organizational learning in Risk Management.
KeywordsRisk Management Project Manager Knowledge Management Software Agent Organizational Knowledge
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Garvin, D.A.: Learning in action: a guide to putting the learning organization to work. Harvard Business School Press, USA (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Staab, S., Studer, R., Schnurr, H.P., Sure, Y.: Knowledge Processes and Ontologies. IEEE Intelligent Systems 16(1) (January/February 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Falbo, R.A., Natali, A.C.C., Mian, P.G., Bertollo, G., Ruy, F.B.: ODE: Ontology-based software Development Environment. In: Proceedings of the IX Argentine Congress on Computer Science (CACIC 2003), La Plata, Argentina, pp. 1124–1135 (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Capability Maturity Model Integration, Version 1.1, Pittsburgh, PA: Software Engineering Institute (December 2001)Google Scholar
- 5.Harrison, W., Ossher, H., Tarr, P.: Software Engineering Tools and Environments: A Roadmap. In: Proc. of the Future of Software Engineering, ICSE 2000, Ireland (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Natali, A.C.C., Falbo, R.A.: Knowledge Management in Software Engineering Environments. In: Proc. of the 16th Brazilian Symposium on Software Engineering, Gramado, Brazil (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Falbo, R.A., Guizzardi, G., Duarte, K.C.: An Ontological Approach to Domain Engineering. In: Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Software Engineering and Knowledge Engineering, SEKE 2002, Ischia, Italy, pp. 351- 358 (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Mian, P.G., Falbo, R.A.: Supporting Ontology Development with ODEd. In: Proc. of the 2nd JIISIC, Salvador, Brazil (2002)Google Scholar
- 10.Barros, M.O., Werner, C.M.L., Travassos, G.H.: Risk Analysis: a key success factor for complex system development. In: Proceedings of the 12th International Conference Software & Systems Engineering and their Applications, Paris, France (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Kontio, J., Basili, V.R.: Risk Knowledge Capture in the Riskit Method. In: SEW Proceedings, SEL-96-002, University of Maryland (1996)Google Scholar
- 12.Farias, L.L., Travassos, G.H., da Rocha, A.R.C.: Managing Organizational Risk Knowledge. Journal of Universal Computer Science 9(7) (2003)Google Scholar