Network Probabilistic Connectivity: Exact Calculation with Use of Chains
The algorithmic techniques which allow high efficiency in the precise calculation of the reliability of an undirected graph with absolutely reliable nodes and unreliable edges are considered in this paper. The new variant of the branching algorithm that allow branching by chains is presented along with improvement of series-parallel reduction method that permits the reduction of a chain with more than two edges by one step. Some programming techniques which accomplish high efficiency are also discussed. Special notice is given to the problem of computer storage economy. Comprehensive computer simulation results show the advantages of the proposed algorithms, that the calculation time decreases significantly in comparison with existent methods.
KeywordsTopological Optimization Random Graph Exact Calculation Network Reliability Dangling Node
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Shooman, A.M., Kershenbaum, A.: Exact Graph-Reduction Algorithms for Network Reliability Analysis. In: Proc. GLOBECOM 1991, vol. 2, pp. 1412–1420 (1991)Google Scholar
- 3.Shooman, A.M.: Algorithms for Network Reliability and Connection Availability Analysis. In: Electro/1995 Int. Professional Program Proc., pp. 309–333 (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Rodionov, A.S., Rodionova, O.K.: On a Problem of Practical Usage of the Moore- Shennon Formula for Calculating the Reliability of Local Networks. In: Proc. 2nd Int. Workshop INFORADIO 2000, Omsk, pp. 67–69 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Rodionova, O.K.: Some Methods for Speed up the Calculation of Information Networks Reliability. In: Proc. XXX International Conf. “IT in Science, Education, Telecommunications and Business”, Ukraine, Gurzuf, pp. 215–217 (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Chen, Y., Li, J., Chen, J.: A new Algorithm for Network Probabilistic Connectivity. In: Proc. MILCOM 1999, vol. 2, pp. 920–923. IEEE, Los Alamitos (1999)Google Scholar
- 7.Rodionova, O.K.: Application Package GRAPH-ES/3. Connectivity of the Multigraphs with Unreliable Edges (Atlas, procedures). Preprint No. 356, Computing Center of the SB AS of the USSR, Novosibirsk (1982) (in Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Rodionova, O.K., Gertzeva, A.A.: On the Construction of thr Optimal-connected graphs. In: Proc. of the ICS-NET 2001 Int. Workshop, Moscow, pp. 200–204 (2001) (in Russian)Google Scholar