Collapsing Hierarchies of Parallel Rewriting P Systems without Target Conflicts
We continue the investigation of parallel rewriting P systems without target conflicts, a class of rewriting P systems with parallel application of evolution rules where the possible consistency problems for the communication of the resulting strings are eliminated by not allowing the application of conflicting rules. We refine and improve some of the previously known results about the generative power of these systems and point out the problems which are still open for investigation.
KeywordsPriority Relation Evolution Rule Terminal Symbol Target Indicator Membrane Computing
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Besozzi, D., Mauri, G., Zandron, C.: Hierarchies of Parallel Rewriting P Systems. In: Cavaliere, M., Martín- Vide, C., Păun, G. (eds.) Brainstorming Week on Membrane Computing, Rovira i Virgili University Technical Report No. 26, Tarragona, February 5-11, pp. 61–74 (2003)Google Scholar
- 3.Besozzi, D., Mauri, G., Zandron, C.: Hierarchies of Parallel Rewriting P Systems – A Survey, New Generation Computing (to appear)Google Scholar
- 5.Dassow, J., Păun, G.: Regulated Rewriting in Formal Language Theory. Springer, Berlin (1989)Google Scholar
- 6.Ferretti, C., Mauri, G., Zandron, C., Păun, G.: On Three Variants of Rewriting P Systems. Theoretical Computer Science (to appear)Google Scholar
- 7.Krishna, S.N.: Languages of P systems: Computability and Complexity, PhD Thesis (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.Krishna, S.N., Rama, R.: On the Power of P Systems Based on Sequential/Parallel Rewriting. Intern. J. Computer Math. 77(1–2), 1–14 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Păun, G.: Computing with Membranes: An Introduction. Springer, Berlin (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Zandron, C.: A Model for Molecular Computing: Membrane Systems, PhD Thesis (2001)Google Scholar