P Systems with External Input and Learning Strategies
This is a preliminary work in which we propose a variant of P systems by adding in every region a dynamic engine that allows the change of the internal rewriting rules along the computation time, obtaining in this way a new family of P systems with adaptation to changing environments. They will be called adaptative P systems. Here, the engine that we propose to act inside every membrane is based on learning algorithms under the grammatical inference framework. The behavior of every region changes according to the information received from the external environment and the internal regions.
KeywordsTuring Machine External Input Target Language Regular Language External Object
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 10.Oncina, J., García, P.: Inferring regular languages in polynomial update time. Series in Machine Perception and Artificial Intelligence (1): Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis. World Scientific, Singapore (1992)Google Scholar
- 11.Osherson, D., Stob, M., Weinstein, S.: Systems that Learn. MIT Press, Cambridge (1986)Google Scholar
- 14.Păun, G., Yokomori, T.: Membrane computing based on splicing. In: Winfree, E., Gifford, D. (eds.) Proceedings of the DIMACS Workshop DNA Based Computers V. DIMACS series, vol. 54, pp. 217–231. American Mathematical Society, Providence (2000)Google Scholar
- 15.Rogers Jr., H.: Theory of Recursive Functions and Effective Computability. MIT Press, Cambridge (1987)Google Scholar
- 17.Sempere, J.M., García, P.: A new regular language learning algorithm from lexicographically ordered complete samples. In: Lucas, S. (ed.) Proceedings Colloquium on Grammatical Inference: Theory, Applications and Alternatives, as IEE Digest number 1993/092, pp. 6/1-6/7 (1993)Google Scholar