Development of 3D Multi-Block Mesh Generation Tools
The paper describes the development and investigation of tools for some of the critical steps in the creation of a multi-block structured grid. We consider elliptic-interactive generation of meshes on solid surfaces, algebraic-interactive mesh generation for individual blocks, and smoothing procedures for multi-block meshes. Interactivity is used wherever suitable to improve the user interface, and object-oriented programming is proposed as an excellent vehicle for creation of software for complex geometrical objects such as grids. The tools are applied to test configurations, and a pilot multi-block mesh generator is developed which can serve as a skeleton for further tool development.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Jac]JACQUOTTE, O.P.: Recent Progress on Mesh Optimization, p 581 ff, Numerical Grid Generation in Computational Fluid Dynamics and Related Fields, Ed:s, A.S.Arcilla et al., North-Holland, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Leh]LEHTIMÄKI, R.: Single-Block Algebraic Grid Generation by Transfinite Interpolation, BRITE-EURAM Mesh Generation Subtask 1.3. 2, Final Report, HUT, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Min]MINEAU, P.: Smoothing of Grid Discontinuities Across Block Boundaries, BRTI’E-EURAM Mesh Generation Subtask 1.3. 3, Final Report, Cerfacs, 1991.Google Scholar
- [Opp]OPPELSTRUP, J., WEINERFELT, P.: Interactive Elliptic Surface Mesh Generation, BRITE-EURAM Mesh Generation Subtask 1.3. 1, Final Report, KTH, 1991.Google Scholar
- Run] RUNBORG, O.: A C++ Skeleton Program for Multi-Block Mesh Generation, TRITA-NA-E-92xxx, KTH, 100 44 STOCKHOLM, Sweden (Diploma Thesis).Google Scholar
- Sea] SCATENI, R., OPPELSTRUP, J.: An Object Oriented Framework for Interactive Multiblock Topology Generation, TR/RF/91/54, Cerfacs, TOULOUSE.Google Scholar
- [Ste]STEINBERG, S., ROACHE, P.: Anomalies in Grid Generation on Curves, J.Comp.Phys (91), pp 255–277, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Str]STROUSTRUP, B.: The C++ Programming Language, Addison-Wesley, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Talc]TAKAGI, T., MIKI, K., CHEN, B.C.J, and SHA, W.T.: Numerical Generation of Boundary Fitted Curvilinear Coordinate Systems for Arbitrary Curved Surfaces, J.Comp.Phys (58), pp 67–79, 1985.Google Scholar
- Tho] THOMPSON, J.F., WARSI, Z.U.A., and MASTIN, C.W.:Numerical Grid Generation, Foundations and Applications, North-Holland,1985Google Scholar