Fuzzy Neuro Systems: An Overview
This paper gives an overview to different concepts of neural fuzzy systems. There are already several approaches to combine neural networks and fuzzy systems, to obtain adaptive systems that can use prior knowledge and that can be interpreted by means of linguistic rules as they are used e.g. in fuzzy controllers. Neural fuzzy models can be divided in two classes: Cooperative models which use neural nets and fuzzy systems separately, and hybrid models which create a new architecture using concepts from both worlds. Several of these approaches are discussed in this paper.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Aleksander and H. Morton (1990). An Introduction to Neural Computing. Chapman and Hall, London.Google Scholar
- A. G. Barto, R. S. Sutton and C. W. Anderson (1983). Neuronlike Adaptive Elements that Can Solve Difficult Learning Control Problems. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man & Cybernetics, 13:834–846.Google Scholar
- J. C. Bezdek and S. K. Pal, eds. (1992). Fuzzy Models for Pattern Recognition. IEEE Press, New York.Google Scholar
- J.-S. R. Jang (1991). Fuzzy Modeling Using Generalized Neural Networks and Kaiman Filter Algorithm. In Proc. of the Ninth National Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-91), pages 762–767.Google Scholar
- J.-S. R. Jang (1992). ANFIS: Adaptive-Network-Based Fuzzy Inference Systems. IEEE Trans. Systems, Man & Cybernetics.Google Scholar
- H. Narazaki and A. L. Ralescu (1991). A Synthesis Method for Multi-Layered Neural Network using Fuzzy Sets. In IJCAI-91: Workshop on Fuzzy Logic in Artificial Intelligence, pages 54–66, Sydney.Google Scholar
- D. Nauck, F. Klawonn and K. Rudolf (1994). Neuronale Netze und Fuzzy-Systeme (Neural Networks and Fuzzy Systems, in German). Vieweg-Verlag, Braunschweig.Google Scholar
- D. Nauck and R. Kruse (1992). Interpreting Changes in the Fuzzy Sets of a Self-Adaptive Neural Fuzzy Controller. In Proc. Second Int. Workshop on Industrial Applications of Fuzzy Control and Intelligent Systems (IFIS’92), pages 146–152, College Station, Texas.Google Scholar
- D. Nauck and R. Kruse (1994). NEFCON-I: An X-Window based Simulator for Neural Fuzzy Controllers. In Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Neural Networks 1994 at IEEE WCCI’94, Orlando. To be published.Google Scholar
- D. A. White and D. A. Sofge, eds. (1992). Handbook of Intelligent Control. Neural, Fuzzy, and Adaptive Approaches. Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York.Google Scholar