Consideration of a Method to Support Face-to-Face Communication Using Printed Stickers Featuring a Picture of a Character Expressing a Mood
- 235 Downloads
Sharing our moods is important in communication with the people sharing our space. However, it is difficult to convey our moods to other people constantly, and sometimes we are misunderstood by other people. In this study, we considered a method to visualize our moods to convey them to the people around us. We conducted experiments to evaluate a method that shares moods using printed stickers featuring a picture of a character expressing a mood. In this paper, we introduce the experiment and the results, and we consider the effect of showing moods using stickers.
KeywordsMood Face-to-face communication Sticker
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant Number JP18K11410.
- 2.Sumi, Y., Mase, K.: AgentSalon: facilitating face-to-face knowledge exchange through conversations among personal agents. In: Proceedings of Agents 2001, pp. 393–400 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Church, K., Hoggan, E., Oliver, N.: A study of mobile mood awareness and communication through MobiMood. In: Proceedings of the 6th Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (NordiCHI 2010), pp. 128–137 (2010)Google Scholar
- 4.Huang, Y., Tang, Y., Wang, Y.: Emotion map: a location-based mobile social system for improving emotion awareness and regulation. In: Proceedings of the 18th ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work and Social Computing (CSCW 2015), pp. 130–142 (2015)Google Scholar
- 5.Zhao, N., Paradiso, J.A.: HALO: wearable lighting. In: Adjunct Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Joint Conference on Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing and Proceedings of the 2015 ACM International Symposium on Wearable Computers, pp. 601–606 (2015)Google Scholar
- 6.Sakurai, S., Narumi, T., Tanikawa, T., Hirose, M.: Augmented emotion by superimposing depiction in comics. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology (ACE 2011), Lisbon, Portugal (2011). Article no. 66Google Scholar
- 7.Sakurai, S., Yoshida, S., Narumi, T., Tanikawa, T., Hirose, M.: Psynteraction chair: a proposal of a system for induction of interpersonal behavior by using comic book images as ambient information. In: The 18th International Conference on Virtual Systems and Multimedia (VSMM 2012) (2012)Google Scholar
- 8.Desmet, P.M.A., Vastenburg, M.H., Romero, N.: Mood measurement with Pick-A-Mood: review of current methods and design of a pictorial self-report scale. J. Des. Res. 14(3), 241–279 (2016)Google Scholar