Estimating Roundabout Delay Considering Pedestrian Impact
- 186 Downloads
Delay at roundabout is commonly estimated based on the entry traffic lane capacity. Pedestrians have significant impact on entry capacity. Entry process becomes complicated when pedestrians are included. This research aims at examining whether the existing delay estimation at roundabouts are available or not after considering pedestrian impacts under the Japanese situation. Microscopic simulation VISSIM and a theoretical regression formula proposed by the author are applied.
KeywordsRoundabout Delay Pedestrian impact Capacity VISSIM
This work was supported by JSPS KAKENHI Grant-in-Aid for Young Scientists (B), Grant Number 17K14743.
- 1.Transportation Research Board: Highway Capacity Manual 2010. Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Science, Washington (2010)Google Scholar
- 2.FGSV: Handbuch Füer die Bemessung von Straßen. Forschungsgesellschaft Für Strassen - und Verkehrswesen. FGSV, Cologne (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Austroads: Guide to Traffic Engineering Practice Part 6 - Roundabouts. Austroads, Sydney (1993)Google Scholar
- 4.Troutbeck, R.J.: Evaluating the Performance of a Roundabout. Special Report SR45. Australian Road Research Board, Australia (1989)Google Scholar
- 5.SIDRA for Roundabouts Manual (2011). http://www.sidrasolutions.com/Software/INTERSECTION/SIDRA_For_Roundabouts
- 6.Akcelik, R.: Implementing roundabout and other unsignalized intersection analysis methods in SIDRA. Working Paper WD TE91/002. Australian Road Research Board, Australia (1991)Google Scholar
- 7.Akçelik, R., Troutbeck, R.: Implementation of the Australian roundabout analysis method in SIDRA. http://www.sidrasolutions.com/Cms_Data/Contents/SIDRA/Folders/Resources/Articles/Articles/~contents/QXF24HTELRWTL3XU/1991_Akcelik_Troutbeck_Implemnt_Aus_Rou_analysis-inSIDRA.pdf
- 8.Transportation Research Board: Highway Capacity Manual, 6th edn. Transportation Research Board, National Research Council, Washington (2016)Google Scholar
- 12.Kang, N., Kanbe, N., Nakamura, H., Odaka, S.: Development and validation of a roundabout entry capacity model considering pedestrians under Japanese conditions. Asian Transp. Stud. 4(2), 350–365 (2016)Google Scholar