Introduction: The Phenomenon of Supply Chain Agility
- 526 Downloads
In order to realise Industry 4.0, information systems (IS) enabled supply chain agility is needed for internal functions and external partners. This book explores (i) the factors of IS integration in achieving supply chain agility; and (ii) the role of IS integration in the context of supply chain agility.
KeywordsIS integration Supply chain agility Industry 4.0
- Alicke, K., Rexhausen, D., & Setfert, A. (2017). Supply chain 4.0 in consumer goods [online]. McKinsey & Company Consumer Packaged Goods. Available at https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/consumer-packaged-goods/our-insights/supply-chain-4-0-in-consumer-goods. Accessed 4 May 2017.
- Brettel, M., Friederichsen, N., Keller, M., & Rosenberg, M. (2014). How virtualization, decentralization and network building change the manufacturing landscape: An industry 4.0 perspective. International Journal of Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial and Mechatronics Engineering, 8(1), 37–44.Google Scholar
- Christopher, M. (2005). Logistics and supply chain management: Creating value-adding networks (3rd ed.). Harlow, UK: Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Fisher, M. L. (1997). What is the right supply chain for your product? Harvard Business Review, 75(2), pp. 105–116.Google Scholar
- Goldman, S. L., Nagel, R. N., & Preiss, K. (1995). Agile competitors and virtual organisations. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold.Google Scholar
- Lee, H. L. (2004). The triple—A supply chain. Harvard Business Review, 82(10), 102–112.Google Scholar
- Levary, R. R. (2000, May–June). Better supply chains through information technology. Industrial Management, pp. 24–30.Google Scholar
- Quinn, J. B. (1999). Strategic outsourcing: Leveraging knowledge capabilities. Sloan Management Review, 40(4), 9–21.Google Scholar
- Rai, A., Ruppel, C., & Lewis, M. (2002). Sense and respond—While paper. University thought leadership forum. SAP [online]. Available at https://www3.technologyevaluation.com/download/white-paper/159115/sense-and-respond.html. Accessed 5 January 2017.
- Venkatesan, R. (1992, November/December). To make or not to make. Harvard Business Review, pp. 98–107.Google Scholar