Visualizing Data in R and Python
Visualizing data is key in effective data analysis: to perform initial investigations, to confirm or refuting data models, and to elucidate mathematical or algorithmic concepts. In this chapter, we explore different types of data graphs using the R programming language, which has excellent graphics functionality; we end the chapter with a description of Python’s matplotlib module—a popular Python tool for data visualization.
- L. Wilkinson. The Grammar of Graphics. Springer, second edition, 2005.Google Scholar
- W. S. Cleveland. The Elements of Graphing Data. Hobart Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- W. S. Cleveland. Visualizing Data. Hobart Press, 1993.Google Scholar
- J. W. Tuckey. Exploratory Data Analysis. Addison Wesley, 1977.Google Scholar
- D. Sarkar. Lattice: Multivariate Data Visualization with R. Springer, 2008.Google Scholar