Summary and Outlook: What Can Be Learned?
Part of the International Studies in Entrepreneurship book series (ISEN, volume 40)
- 291 Downloads
We summarize and discuss the main results of the analyses of this book, and draw conclusions for theory and policy. Finally, we identify some promising avenues for further research.
KeywordsEconomic development Regional culture of entrepreneurship Innovation New business formation Regional development Policy
- Chinitz B (1961) Contrasts in agglomeration: New York and Pittsburgh. Am Econ Rev, Pap Proc 51:279–289Google Scholar
- Fritsch M (2011) Start-ups in innovative industries – causes and effects. In: Audretsch DB, Falck O, Heblich S, Lederer A (eds) Handbook of innovation and entrepreneurship. Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, pp 365–381Google Scholar
- Fritsch M, Sorgner A, Wyrwich M, Zazdravnykh E (2018) Historical shocks and persistence of economic activity: evidence on self-employment from a unique natural experiment. Reg Stud https://doi.org/10.1080/00343404.2018.1492112
- North DC (1994) Economic performance through time. Am Econ Rev 84:359–368Google Scholar
- Obschonka M, Schmitt-Rodermund E, Silbereisen RK, Gosling SD, Potter J (2013) The regional distribution and correlates of an entrepreneurship-prone personality profile in the United States, Germany, and the United Kingdom: a socioecological perspective. J Pers Soc Psychol 105(1):104–122. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0032275CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Obschonka M, Stuetzer M, Gosling SD, Rentfrow PJ, Lamb ME, Potter J, Audretsch DB (2015) Entrepreneurial regions: do macro-psychological cultural characteristics of regions help solve the “knowledge paradox” of economics? PLoS One 10(6):e012933. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0129332CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Stuetzer M, Obschonka M, Audretsch DB, Wyrwich M, Rentfrow PJ, Coombes M, Shaw-Taylor L, Satchell M (2016) Industry structure, entrepreneurship, and culture: an empirical analysis using historical coalfields. Eur Econ Rev 86:52–72. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euroecorev.2015.08.012CrossRefGoogle Scholar
© Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2019