Selective Bi-coordinate Variations for Network Equilibrium Problems with Mixed Demand
In the present paper, we propose a modification of the method of bi-coordinate variations for network equilibrium problems with mixed demand. This method is based on the equilibrium conditions of the problem under consideration. It uses a special tolerance control and thresholds for constructing descent directions and a variant of the Armijo-type line-search procedure as a rule of step choice. Some results of preliminary numerical calculations which confirm efficiency of the method are also presented.
KeywordsBi-coordinate variations Network equilibrium Mixed demand
- 6.Konnov, I.V.: A method of bi-coordinate variations with tolerances and its convergence. Russ. Math. (Iz. VUZ) 60(1), 68–72 (2016). https://doi.org/10.3103/S1066369X16010084
- 7.Korpelevich, G.M.: Coordinate descent method for minimization problems with constraints, linear inequalities, and matrix games. In: Goldshtein, E.G. (ed.) Mathematical Methods for Solving Economic Problems, vol. 9, pp. 84–97. Nauka, Moscow (1980) (In Russian)Google Scholar
- 8.Nagurney, A.: Comparative tests of multimodal traffic equilibrium methods. Transp. Res. 18B(6), 469–485 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1016/0191-2615(85)90013-X
- 10.Patriksson, M.: The Traffic Assignment Problem: Models and Methods. Courier Dover Publications, Mineola, USA (2015)Google Scholar
- 11.Pinyagina, O.: On a Network Equilibrium Problem with Mixed Demand. In: Kochetov, Yu. et al. (eds.) DOOR-2016. LNCS, vol. 9869, pp. 578–583. Springer, Heidelberg (2016). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-44914-2_46