A Study to Improve Education Through Gamification Multimedia in Museum
- 1.5k Downloads
The purpose of this paper is to study a game-based multimedia design promote museum education. The museum is an important contributor to the social education function, which should build a modernized public cultural service by using modern technology and new environment. The research methodology mainly adapted on three approach. (1) A literature review of the relationship between people and museums, digital media education and game-based learning. (2) An observation of the target groups behavioral habit in the in specific British Museums. (3) A summarize of the particularity and the popularity of the group. This paper focuses on three aspects to evaluate the practical significance of the various theoretical results and discussed these theories permeate the game-based multimedia design development in the museum.
KeywordsGamification Interactive multimedia Usability Museum education Children and elderly User experience
This work was supported by a grant from the Innovative Talents Training Program of South China University of Technology (Grant No: yjjg2016004).
- 1.Roppola, T.: Designing for the Museum Visitor Experience. Graphics, USA (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Winstanley, B.R.: Children and Museums. A.R. Mowbray & Co., Oxford (1967)Google Scholar
- 3.Christian, S.: Exhibitions and Displays. Birkhäuser GmbH, Swiss (2009)Google Scholar
- 4.Robertson, J.: Usability and children’s software: a user-centered design. Comput. Child. Educ. 5(3–4), 257–271 (1994)Google Scholar
- 6.Norman, A.D.: Emotional Design. Basic Books, New York (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Abras, C., Maloney-Krichmar, D., Preece, J.: User-centered design. In: Bainbridge, W. Encyclopedia of Human-Computer Interaction. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks (2004)Google Scholar