Using Join Operation in Relational Database to Composite Web Services
Web service composition is an important research work in the area of service computing. In order to enhance service composition efficiency and accuracy, this paper proposes a Web service composition method based on the join operation in relational database (RDB). It stores Web services and ontology information using relational database. The semantic reasoning relationship and the state path of ontology concepts are used to do calculation. The related tables are joined using the join operation in RDB from aspects of services interface (Input and Output) and capability (Precondition and Effect). The services can be composited dynamically and flexibly. The effectiveness of the proposed method is validated through experiments.
KeywordsComposition Semantic reasoning Web service Relational database (RDB)
This research is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China under Grant No. 31601078, the Natural Science Foundation of Hubei Province under Grant No. 2016CFB231 and the National Training Programs of Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Undergraduates under grant No. 105042016118. The Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities under grant No.2662018JC030.
- 3.Liu, X.Z., Huang, G., Mei, H.: A user-oriented approach to automated service composition. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, pp. 773–776 (2008)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, X.Z., Wang, Z.J., Xu, X.F., Liu, Y.: A service composition method for tradeoff between satisfactions of multiple requirements. J. Comput. Res. Dev. 48(4), 627–637 (2011)Google Scholar
- 9.Hu, H.T., Li, G., Han, Y.B.: An approach to business-user-oriented larger-granularity service composition. Chin. J. Comput. 28(4), 694–703 (2005)Google Scholar
- 11.Qian, Z.Z., Lu, S.L., Xie, L.: Automatic composition of petri net based web services. Chin. J. Comput. 29(7), 1057–1066 (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Liu, S.P., Liu, D.Y., Qi, H., Guan, J.H.: Composing semantic web service with description logic rules. J. Comput. Res. Dev. 48(5), 831–840 (2011)Google Scholar
- 13.Wan, C.L., Han, X., Niu, W.J., Wang, W.J., Shi, Z.Z.: Dynamic description logic based web service composition and QoS model. Acta Electronica Sinica 38(8), 1923–1928 (2010)Google Scholar
- 17.Yang, R.T., Zhang, S.Q., Dou, W.C.: A QoS pruning-based top-k automatic service composition method. Acta Electronica Sinica 40(7), 1489–1491 (2012)Google Scholar
- 19.Li, M., Wang, D.Z., Du, X.Y., Wang, S.: Dynamic composition of web services based on domain ontology. Chin. J. Comput. 28(4), 644–650 (2005)Google Scholar
- 22.Kwon, J., Park, K., Lee, D., Lee, S.: PSR: pre-computing solutions in RDBMS for FastWeb services composition search. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, pp. 808–815 (2007)Google Scholar