A Trust-Based Prediction Approach for Recommendation System
The recommendation system has been widely used in e-commerce, but still suffers from data sparsity and cold-start problems. This paper combines the user trust relationship with the collaborative filtering recommendation system and puts forward the recommendation approach based on trust delivery (TDR), in order to solve the above two problems. Through calculating the quantifying trust values between users, the prediction score of an unrated item can be figured out to achieve effective recommendation. Compared with other recommendation algorithms, TDR achieves better performance on standard Mean Absolute Error (MAE) and Coverage.
KeywordsRecommendation systems Trust relationship Collaborative filter
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of P. R. China (No. 61672297), the Key Research and Development Program of Jiangsu Province (Social Development Program, No. BE2017742).
- 1.Dakhel, A.M., Malazi, H.T., Mahdavi, M.: A social recommender system using item asymmetric correlation. Appl. Intell. 5, 1–14 (2017)Google Scholar
- 2.Zheng, Z., Ma, H., Lyu, M.R.: A collaborative filtering based web service recommender system. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, Los Angeles, CA, USA, 6–10 July 2009, pp. 437–444. IEEE, July 2009Google Scholar
- 4.Zhao, Z.D., Shang, M.S.: User-based collaborative-filtering recommendation algorithms on Hadoop. In: International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, Washington, DC, USA, 9–10 January 2010, pp. 478–481. IEEE, January 2010Google Scholar
- 7.O’Donovan, J., Smyth, B.: Trust in recommender systems. In: International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces, San Diego, California, USA, 10–13 January 2005, pp. 167–174. ACM, January 2005Google Scholar
- 8.Cao, G., Kuang, L.: Identifying core users based on trust relationships and interest similarity in recommender system. In: IEEE International Conference on Web Services, San Francisco, USA, 27 June–2 July 2016, pp. 284–291. IEEE, June–July 2016Google Scholar