N-Guide: Achieving Efficient Named Data Transmission in Smart Buildings
Recently, Named Data Networking (NDN) has been proposed as a promising data delivery solution for smart building scenario because of its innovative properties such as name-based routing, in-network caching, and multi-source transmission. Due to the rapid growth in the number of devices and applications, it is difficult for NDN to meet the diverse transmission requirements only by leveraging the original forwarding strategy. To deal with this problem, we propose N-Guide, a novel protocol which not only supports all the transmission modes of applications but also implements the data aggregation in the scenario with large number of devices. Since our protocol directs the interest packets by the physical and application information in names just like a guide serving for the named data in smart buildings, we name it N-Guide. To verify the effectiveness of N-Guide, we make contrast simulations on ndnSIM. The results show that N-Guide outperforms two state-of-the-art NDN approaches.
KeywordsNDN Smart buildings Interest forwarding
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61702288, 61702287), the Natural Science Foundation of Tianjin in China (No. 16JCQNJC00700), the Open Project Fund of Guangdong Key Laboratory of Big Data Analysis and Processing (No. 2017003), and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities (No. 7933).
- 4.Shang, W., Bannis, A., Zhang, L., et al.: Named data networking of things (invited paper). In: 2016 IEEE First International Conference on Internet-of-Things Design and Implementation (IoTDI), pp. 117–128 (2016)Google Scholar
- 5.Amadeo, M., Campolo, C., Iera, A., Molinaro, A.: Named data networking for IoT: an architectural perspective. In: European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC), pp. 1–5 (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Zhang, Z., Ma, H., Liu, L.: Cache-aware named-data forwarding in internet of things. In: 2015 IEEE Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM), pp. 1–6 (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Muralidharan, S., Roy, A., Saxena, N.: MDP-IoT: MDP based interest forwarding for heterogeneous traffic in IoT-NDN environment. Future Gener. Comput. Syst. 2(4), 1–17 (2017)Google Scholar
- 9.Baccelli, E., Mehlis, C., Hahm, O., et al.: Information centric networking in the IoT: experiments with NDN in the wild. In: ACM Conference on Information-Centric Networking (ACM ICN), pp. 77–86 (2014)Google Scholar