Proactive Caching for Transmission Performance in Cooperative Cognitive Radio Networks
This paper considers cooperation between the primary and secondary network via content caching. The core idea is that secondary basestation caches some popular primary files and thus directly send content to the close primary user, in return some spectrum for secondary basestation to serve their own user. We propose a cooperation scheme which is jointly completed with content caching and transmission schemes, to maximize SU’s data transmission rates while PU’s target rate is achieved. In addition, we formulate the optimal caching allocation into a concave problem in terms of the data transmission rates for any given power allocation. We then provide an effective bisection search algorithm. Simulation results indicate that significant performance gain for both systems over the cooperation without caching. It also shows that our proposed scheme can achieve larger rate region than traditional relay cooperation scheme.
KeywordsContent caching Cooperative cognitive radio Power allocation
This research is partially supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61471260 and No. 61271324), and Natural Science Foundation 490 of Tianjin (No. 16JCYBJC16000).
- 4.Lu, J., Cai, Z., Wang, X., Zhang, L., Li, P., He, Z.: User social activity-based routing for cognitive radio networks. Pers. Ubiquitous Comput. 13, 1–17 (2018)Google Scholar
- 6.Duan, Y., Liu, G., Cai, Z.: Opportunistic channel-hopping based effective rendezvous establishment in cognitive radio networks. In: Wang, X., Zheng, R., Jing, T., Xing, K. (eds.) WASA 2012. LNCS, vol. 7405, pp. 324–336. Springer, Heidelberg (2012). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-31869-6_28CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 13.Cai, Z., Ji, S., He, J., Bourgeois, A.: Optimal distributed data collection for asynchronous cognitive radio networks. In: Proceedings of the IEEE 32nd International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS), pp. 245–254 (2016)Google Scholar
- 18.Weng, C., Psounis, K.: Distributed caching and small cell cooperation for fast content delivery. In: Proceedings of the ACM International Symposium, pp. 127–136 (2015)Google Scholar
- 19.Zhao, J., Gao, W., Wang, Y., Cao, G.: Delay-constrained caching in cognitive radio networks. In: IEEE INFOCOM, pp. 2094–2102 (2014)Google Scholar