Hand Gesture Recognition Based on Multi Feature Fusion
In view of the influence of complex and changeable gestures on recognition, a gesture recognition method based on multi feature phase fusion is proposed. Firstly, the skeleton feature and contour feature of the gesture area are extracted. Then the feature fusion method is used to obtain the fusion features of the gestures. Finally, support vector machine, decision tree, random forest and convolution neural network are used to recognize the skeleton feature, contour feature and fusion feature of gesture area respectively. The results show that under different data sets, gesture recognition based on multi feature fusion improves the recognition accuracy by 2% compared with single feature recognition algorithm, reaching 98.57%.
KeywordsGestures recognition Multi feature fusion Neural network
This research work is supported by Innovation Project of Guangxi University for Nationalities Graduate Education (gxun-chxzs2017112); National Natural Science Fund (21466008, 21566007); Guangxi Natural Science Foundation (2015GXNSFAA13911).
- 2.Li, J., Ruan, Q.Q.: Research on gesture recognition based on neural network. Journal of Beijing Jiaotong University (2006)Google Scholar
- 3.Liu, Y., Yin, Y., Zhang, S.: Hand gesture recognition based on HU moments in interaction of virtual reality. In: International Conference on Intelligent Human-Machine Systems and Cybernetics. IEEE (2012)Google Scholar
- 4.Dong, L., Ruan, J., Ma, Q., et al.: Application of gesture recognition and machine, micro. invariant moments and support vector machine (2012)Google Scholar
- 5.Sui Yunheng, Guo Yuan Fusion of Hu moments and BoF-SURF support vector machines for hand gesture recognition [J]. computer application research, (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Morton, P.R., Fix, E.L., Calhoun, G.L.: Hand gesture recognition using neural networks (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, L., Liu, H., Wang, B., Li, P.: Computer engineering and application combined with skin model and convolution neural network gesture recognition method (2016)Google Scholar
- 8.Xiaowen, F., Hua, Z.: Research on gesture recognition based on convolution neural network. Microcomput. Appl. (2016)Google Scholar
- 9.Sukittanon, S., Surendran, A.C., Platt, J.C., et al.: Convolutional networks for speech detection. In: INTERSPEECH 2004 - ICSLP, International Conference on Spoken Language Processing, Jeju Island, Korea. DBLP, October 2004Google Scholar
- 10.Chen, Y.N., Han, C.C., Wang, C.T., et al.: The application of a convolution neural network on face and license plate detection. Pattern Recognit. (2006)Google Scholar
- 12.Sun, Y., Wang, X., Tang, X.: Deep convolutional network cascade for facial point detection. In: Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition(CVPR) (2013)Google Scholar
- 13.Stergiopoulou, E., Papamarkos, N.: Hand gesture recognition using a neural network shape fitting technique. Eng. Appl. Artif. Intell. (2009)Google Scholar
- 14.Cai, J., Cai, J., Liao, X., et al.: The application of hand gesture recognition based on convolution neural network. Comput. Syst. Appl. (2015)Google Scholar