Home Energy Management Using Optimization Techniques
In this paper, authors calculate the performance of single home by implementing the hybridization of two techniques, i.e. Elephant Herding Optimization (EHO) and Enhanced Differential Evolution (EDE). Appliances are categorized in three different types on the basis of their usage. For the calculation of electricity bill, Real Time Pricing (RTP) is used. The objective of this paper, is to minimize the cost and Peak to Average Ratio (PAR) and to maximize the user comfort. However, results explain that there is a trade_off between user comfort and cost. Moreover, in this paper, connection between electricity cost and power consumption is verified through solution space. Results explain that proposed technique performs better in terms of PAR and user comfort and EDE performs better in terms of cost.
KeywordsSmart homes Enhanced differential evolution Elephant herding optimization Real time pricing Meta_heuristic techniques
- 1.Cao, Z., Lin, J., Wan, C., Song, Y., Zhang, Y., Wang, X.: Optimal cloud computing resource allocation for demand side management. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid 8(4), 1943–1955 (2017)Google Scholar
- 3.Viani, F., Salucci, M.: A user perspective optimization scheme for demand-side energy management. IEEE Syst. J. 1–4 (2017). https://doi.org/10.1109/JSYST.2017.2720628
- 5.Kumar, K.S.S., Naik, M.G.: Load Shifting Technique on 24Hour Basis for a Smart-Grid to Reduce Cost and Peak Demand Using Particle Swarm Optimization (2017)Google Scholar
- 8.Du, Y., Jiang, L., Li, Y., Wu, Q.H.: A robust optimization approach for demand side scheduling under energy consumption uncertainty of manually operated appliances. IEEE Trans. Smart Grid, 9(2), 743–755 (2017)Google Scholar
- 10.Reddy, S., Panwar, L.K., Panigrahi, B.K., Kumar, R.: Computational intelligence for demand response exchange considering temporal characteristics of load profile via adaptive fuzzy inference system. IEEE Trans. Emerg. Top. Comput. Intell. 2(3), 235–245 (2017)Google Scholar