Some Recent Results on Direct Delay-Dependent Stability Analysis: Review and Open Problems
This contribution focuses an overview of selected results on time-delay systems stability analysis in the delay space, recently published in outstanding high-impacted journals and top conferences and meetings. A numerical gridding algorithm solving this problem designed by the first author is included as well. The theoretical background and a concise literature overview are followed by the list of practical and software applications. Unsolved tasks and open problems stemming from the analysis of presented methods and results concisely conclude the paper. The reader is supposed to use this survey to follow some of the presented techniques in his/her own research or engineering practice.
KeywordsDelay-dependent stability Engineering application Survey Time-delay systems
This work was performed with the financial support by the Minis-try of Education, Youth and Sports of the Czech Republic within the National Sustain-ability Programme project No. LO1303 (MSMT-7778/2014).
- 7.Pekař, L., Prokop, R.: Direct stability-switching delays determination procedure with differential averaging. Trans. Inst. Meas. Control (2017). https://doi.org/10.1177/0142331217700244
- 10.Castanos, F., Estrada, E., Mondié, S., Ramírez, A.: Passivity-based PI control of first-order systems with I/O communication delays: a frequency domain analysis. Int. J. Control. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207179.2017.1327083. in press
- 12.Kammer, A.S., Olgac, N.: Non-conservative stability assessment of LTI dynamics with distributed delay using CTCR paradigm. In: 2015 American Control Conference, pp. 4597–4602. Palmer House Hilton, Chicago (2015)Google Scholar
- 21.Ma, J., Zheng, B., Zhang, C.: A matrix method for determining eigenvalues and stability of singular neutral delay-differential systems. J. Appl. Math. 2012 (2012). Article ID 749847Google Scholar
- 26.Domoshnitsky, A., Maghakyan, A., Berezansky, L.: W-transform for exponential stability of second order delay differential equations without damping terms. J. Inequal. Appl. 2017(1) (2017). Article no. 20Google Scholar
- 27.Pekař, L.: Enhanced TDS stability analysis method via characteristic quasipolynomial polynomization. In: Šilhavý, R. et al. (eds.) Cybernetics and Mathematics Applications in Intelligent Systems: Proceedings of the 6th Computer Science On-line Conference 2017 (CSOC 2017), vol. 2, pp. 20–29. Springer, Heidelberg (2017)Google Scholar
- 28.Perng, J.-W.: Stability analysis of parametric time-delay systems based on parameter plane method. Int. J. Innov. Comput. Inf. Control 8(7A), 4535–4546 (2012)Google Scholar
- 32.Gao, W., Ye, H., Liu, Y. Wang, L, Ci, W.: Comparison of three stability analysis methods for delayed cyber-physical power system. In: 2016 China International Conference on Electricity Distribution (CICED 2016), paper no. CP1252, Xi’an, China (2016)Google Scholar
- 34.Niu, X., Ye, H., Liu, Y., Liu, X.: Padé approximation based method for computation of eigenvalues for time delay power system. In: The 48th International Universities’ Power Engineering Conference, Dublin, Ireland, pp. 1–4 (2013)Google Scholar
- 42.Sipahi, R., Atay, F.M., Niculescu, S.-I.: Stability analysis of a constant time-headway driving strategy with driver memory effects modeled by distributed delays. IFAC-PapersOnline 48(12), 276–281 (2015)Google Scholar