Decision Trees Accuracy Improvement for Production Errors Classification
- 556 Downloads
The paper is focused on improvement of classification accuracy of decision trees used in the data mining process. Real production data from the paint shop process serve as its basis. The proposal utilizes various approaches for selection of target attribute intervals and classes and key attributes for classification. The decision tree parameters are optimized to obtain the best possible combination. The results are evaluated across multiple decision tree algorithms.
KeywordsAccuracy improvement Classification Data mining Decision tree
This publication is the result of implementation of the project VEGA 1/0272/18: “Holistic approach of knowledge discovery from production data in compliance with Industry 4.0 concept” supported by the VEGA.
This publication is the result of implementation of the project: “Increase of Power Safety of the Slovak Republic” (ITMS: 26220220077) supported by the Research & Development Operational Programme funded by the ERDF.
- 1.Trnka, A.: Big data analysis. Eur. J. Sci. Theol. 10, 143–148 (2014)Google Scholar
- 2.Witten, I.H., Frank, E., Hall, M.A., Pal, Ch.J.: Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques, 4th edn. Morgan Kaufmann (2016)Google Scholar
- 3.Bonaccorso, G.: Machine Learning Algorithms: A Reference Guide to Popular Algorithms for Data Science and Machine Learning. Packt Publishing, Birmingham (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.RapidMiner: Data Science Platform. https://rapidminer.com. Accessed 19 Dec 2017
- 5.Zaki, M.J.: Data Mining and Analysis: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2014)Google Scholar
- 6.Rokach, L., Maimon, O.Z.: Data Mining With Decision Trees: Theory and Applications. World Scientific Publishing Company, River Edge (2014)Google Scholar
- 7.Larose, D.T., Larose, Ch.D.: Data Mining and Predictive Analytics. Wiley, New York (2015)Google Scholar
- 8.Provost, F., Fawcett, T.: Data Science for Business: What You Need to Know About Data Mining and Data-Analytic Thinking. O’Reilly Media, Sebastopol (2013)Google Scholar
- 9.Kelleher, J.D., Mac Namee, B., D’Arcy, A.: Fundamentals of Machine Learning for Predictive Data Analytics: Algorithms, Worked Examples, and Case Studies. The MIT Press, Cambridge (2015)Google Scholar